Tuesday 2 October 2012

How do you like your eggs?

(Disclaimer: This post contains bad puns.  You have been warned.) 


So, it’s British Egg Week.  It seems only right that I honour it with an eggcellent blog post. 

As part of the interview for Team v we had to take along an object that represented our passions and talk about why.  I chose an egg box.  No, I’m not yolking.  

I had numerous reasons for this selection:  

> As a farmer’s granddaughter, it represents family values and happy childhood memories on the farm.
Eggs are always a key ingredient in baking, a scrummy skill and hobby passed down through the generations of my family.    
It symbolises my belief in people power when it comes to making social change – like if everyone buys free-range eggs, there will be a lot of happy hens.  
The egg box itself represents my love of creativity and crafts.  Something so simple and everyday, with a dollop of glitter and a handful of pipe cleaners, could become a caterpillar or a spaceship within minutes.  I love the idea of turning the ordinary into (yep, you guessed it) the eggstraordinary. 

Team v leaders are like eggs – on our own we could be good, but mixed together with a bunch of eggstra ingredients we will combine to make something really spectacular.  

And that’s why I’m thrilled to be a part of Team v.        

You could say....I'm eggstatic :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment